This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
AECOM is looking for a GIS Specialist to support the environment and remediation business lines in AECOM’s Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
The position is responsible for building, maintaining, modifying and using geographic information systems (GIS) in support of technical report deliverables. This includes utilizing desktop and enterprise GIS software, manipulation of geospatial databases, and utilization of mobile and spatially enabled devices. It also includes performing analysis on spatial data, interpreting and mapping results, and providing user support.
- Download collected data and process it for analysis and map creation in support of deliverables.
- Utilize ArcGIS to develop and present map-based information.
- Maintains or modifies existing GIS databases.
- Organizes and presents tabular data supporting electronic map data.
- Translates and inputs existing data, including hard-copy maps, topographic maps, site plans, electronic maps, and Global Positioning System (GPS) data, into a common format.
- Factors in differences in map projections and overlays from different sources, including public municipal data.
- Enters data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning and georeferencing of images, automatic conversion to vectors and conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, geographic information systems, geology, environmental science, archeology, planning, engineering, computer science or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting environmental projects or similar.
- Migrating CAD drawings into ArcMap
- Strong knowledge of current GIS and graphics software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Graduate degree or certificate in GIS
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Experience with AutoDesk CAD/Civil 3D software
Apply online at link included