This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position provides creation, development, informal leadership, support and analysis to all Tazewell County Offices a needing GIS assistance. This position needs to function independently at a complex level of data management and knowledge of GIS principles and practices. Also, must have the ability to lead projects that requires consultation with management and contracted firms.
- Serve as a technical resource for GIS users in the County.
- Working knowledge of digitizing, spatial and attribute data manipulation.
- Operate plotter, printer and later paper trimmer.
- Possess leadership responsibilities such as training co-workers.
- Developing and improving business relationships.
- Read, interpret and use zoning maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps and aerial maps.
- Conduct mapping research to resolve conflicts.
- Create geodatabase and be able to use complex queries and spatial data analysis.
- Network with outside GIS users.
- Fulfill data orders and general map requests.
- Develop and complete date quality control procedures.
- Perform basic GIS analysis.
Education & Experience
- A Two-Year College Degree or Technical School Degree in GIS from an accredited college or three (3) years equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commission, proportion, percentages, area, circumferences, and volume.
Certificates & Licenses
- Certified Illinois Assessing Officer and Certified in GIS desired.
Apply online at link included