This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position is responsible for the architecture, design and delivery of Geospatial technology solutions within one or more technical disciplines in manner that returns quantified business value. Success is measured by the ability to consistently achieve key functional and individual results with superior quality and delivery across the technology, specific to Harley-Davidson Geospatial Solutions. Specifically, responsible for the design, configuration and implementation governance of geospatial technical solutions across multiple global functional business areas. Provides effective solution designs to meet system strategies, capabilities, and technologies, to respond to current and future geospatial business requirements. Ensure that solutions are integrated end-to-end and that the necessary integration testing occurs to validate a solution and its touch points to ensure technology meets stated Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. The ideal candidate will have built and deployed software services at scale and will know what it takes to ship high quality code. Lastly, the candidate should be an excellent communicator, as well as a great team player, and currently possess the ability to communicate IT concepts clearly to non-IT users.
- Complete Geospatial technical designs for information systems, ranging from high level conceptual designs to detailed technical specifications.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of geospatial technical specifications produced by external resources contributing to H-D technology projects. Review the work product of developers to ensure compliance with the design specifications
- Create geospatial design maps and tables based on geospatial analysis
- Use overhead and aerial imagery to identify the location of ground structures. Determine the dimensions and proportions of structures on the ground
- Analyze fixed and moving images to determine data about what’s happening on the ground beneath aerial photographs and overhead images
- Use mapping and cartography programs to create maps based on visual images, which requires good computer skills
- Using visualization techniques and design skills, create maps and detailed reports about the likely size and type of natural and manmade features found in a given geographic area
- Recommend design changes to production systems in response to changing business process, capacity, and performance requirements.
- Contribute to prioritization of technical problems and enhancement requests.
- Provide consulting and support services to identify operational, monitoring and reporting requirements
- Create detailed list of geospatial design and implementation tasks along with level of effort estimates for initiatives
- Lead a team of software engineers with a diverse set of expertise
- Lead system design for the team based on product requirements
- Interface and collaborate with Infrastructure, API, and Ad teams
- Hands on design and implementation of solutions
- Contribute to system-wide engineering improvements
- Cutting edge research on systems and algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Information Systems or related degree is preferred. Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems or a similar field of study preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience designing and delivering Geospatial technical solutions.
- Experience in cartography or drafting; ESRI ArcGIS Suite (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcInfo/Advanced Level License (10.0, 10.1, 10.2), Spatial Analyst Extension, Editor, ModelBuilder
- Metadata creation, data management of geodatabases; Basic cartography; Familiarity with MODIS, Landsat, other satellite imagery products; QGIS/GRASS; Experience pre-processing and classifying satellite imagery
- Knowledge of LULC data and classifications
- Experience with NDVI, weather, soils data; Knowledge of FGDC/OGC standards
- Spatial Statistics; USGS EarthExplorer; GDAL knowledge a plus
- Python knowledge a plus
- Ability to research and develop datasets and identify use cases
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data
- Hands-on experience and expertise with development tools, administration, design, configuration, customization and implementation of applications, security and 3rd party integrations.
- Experience with designing, configuring, and implementing on one or more of the following technical platforms or disciplines: Web, Portal, Integrations, Mobile, and Information Management.
- A proven record of accomplishment in planning, managing, and delivering information systems, preferably in consumer products, manufacturing, distribution or financial services.
- Strong experience in, and orientation toward, solution design, project management and structured system development methodologies.
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing other personnel in design and delivery roles.
- Experience coordinating design activities and deliverables across a technology project or program
Apply online at link included