This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Work in a joint capacity with Glacierland Resource Conservation & Development (Glacierland RC&D) and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) to promote, accelerate enrollment, and coordinate and implement the conservation provisions of the Farm Bill. The position will be based in the NRCS Area Office in Juneau, Wisconsin, and will provide conservation technical assistance to agricultural producers located in Southeast Wisconsin. The incumbent will be an employee of Glacierland RC&D and will receive daily guidance from NRCS Area staff.
This position is responsible for a variety of duties which assists NRCS Field Office staff and Area Staff Specialists in developing and carrying out a coordinated natural resources conservation program that is tailored to customers’ needs and meets USDA and NRCS requirements.
The funding for this position is provided through a cooperative agreement for a three-year term.
- Provides technical assistance to NRCS staff, private landowners (i.e. individual farmers), local government bodies, tribal entities, state and Federal agencies, and the general public in the development, application, and maintenance of a coordinated natural resources conservation program.
- Works with NRCS staff and partners to assist in the development of conventional conservation plans addressing natural resource concerns; provides information concerning Farm
- Bill conservation programs; and assists with the development of conservation contracts according to the NRCS Conservation Program Contracting Manual.
- Utilizes and trains staff and partners on NRCS computer software (Toolkit and Conservation Desktop) and ARCGIS for the development and management of conservation plans and technical assistance. Lead trainer for the SE Area in the rollout of Conservation Desktop, providing training to staff and partners, troubleshooting and follow up support to Field Offices.
- Provides geodatabase management for the Southeast Area Field Offices.
- Performs mapping for conservation plans for production support to Field Offices at peak heavy workload times.
- Provides support to Southeast Area in development and tracking of conservation measures and goals utilizing ProTracts, IDEA and PRS for analysis of trends, existing planned practices and tracking reported measures.
- Work with Southeast Area Office staff to conduct Quality Assurance activities with Field Offices.
- Staffs NRCS and Glacierland RC&D displays at various outreach events, and attending meetings as a
- Glacierland RC&D representative.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with NRCS staff and partners with a focus on understanding of how best to support their mission and goals and objectives for developing conservation plans through software programs and other planning tools.
- Experience with the use of ARCGIS for conservation planning.
- Knowledge of soil conservation, agronomy, natural resource conservation, and conservation practices to effectively assist in the development of conservation plans.
Ability to work independently with limited supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Strong commitment to quality customer service with landowners, staff and partners.
- Knowledge of USDA Farm Bill conservation programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to train others.
- Ability to work effectively with a team of multi-disciplinary specialists.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license required; some limited use of personal vehicle may be required (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
- Occasional travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in natural resource management, soil conservation, or related agricultural
field. Preference will be given to candidates with GIS certificate and/or work experience utilizing ARCGIS
for conservation planning.
Submit Application Package as pdf file(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Questions About This Position or Application Process: contact Kari Divine at (920) 465-3006 or email@example.com.