Continental Mapping Consultants
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Geospatial Software Developer will be integrated into our production team working in a fast changing environment, designing and building software tools and applications in Microsoft .Net, Python, ASP.Net and other languages that will improve the quality and efficiency of our production processes along with tools for our clients and customers. Development will include both internal use tools and applications/tools for clients. The Developer will work within the Defense and Intelligence (D&I) sector but will also support our Public Works (PW) sector. In addition to sector support, the Developer will interface and work closely with other developers on our agile development team supporting corporate initiatives to coordinate new technologies and troubleshoot programs and applications within all sectors.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Design and implement software solutions.
- Development of desktop and/or web-based GIS solutions.
- Develop custom routines, viewers, and/or databases.
- Suggest new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use.
- Work as part of a team to provide detailed software design solutions and actionable geospatial information and products to our customers, partners, and all parts of the company.
- Develop, test, and maintain modular software programs and tools developing scalable solutions to collect, store, analyze, and visualize geospatial data.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with existing GIS applications, tools, and data. Ensure tools/applications are properly documented both internally and with user guides as needed.
- Manage scheduling and reporting requirements to stakeholders and management.
- Some travel required to visit our production teams in WI and/or MO.
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules
- Analytical Thinking: ability to tackle a program by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Attention to Detail: ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
- Commitment to the Job: motivation from within oneself to stay focused and committed to a task
- Commitment to Excellence: fact-checking your work; actively seeking new ways of working to improve productivity
- Communication: provides clear, concise information to others in verbal, written, electronic formats; listens actively and empathetically to the views of others; seeks further information to clarify ambiguity; leads effective and efficient meetings.
- Flexibility: ability to readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Integrative Ability: ability to identify the elements of a problem situation and understand which components are critical; the ability to see different types of situation structures and therefore, different types of solutions
- Interpersonal Skills: treats others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feels of different people in different situations
- Methodical Approach: breaking complex tasks into manageable segments; ability to identify possible problems or stumbling blocks
- Resourcefulness: using existing information to devise new ways of working; ability to tackle unforeseen challenges using existing resources
- Self-Management: ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames
- Technical Credibility: understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To develop tools and applications in Microsoft VB.Net, C#.Net, ASP.Net, Java, HTML, Python
- Developing applications that work with various databases to include Microsoft SQL Server and PostGresSQL
- In web development and cloud based applications
- Object-orienting programming
- To use ticketing systems for task management
- To work with version control
- To develop user interfaces that are efficient to use
- Agile Software to support Sprints and Scrums
- Working with open source libraries both to modify and release and integrate into commercial products
- Technical writing skills to complete software documentation
- With engaging employees at all levels in an organization
- Strong understanding of spatial relationships, in the real world and databases.
- Organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time.
- Work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the Agile software development life cycle.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (four years). A minimum of 3 years’ relevant skill experience in a software development role working with production teams to build applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- US Citizenship required
- Must have or be able to obtain Government Security Clearance