This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
You are a GIS Technician with 1-3 years of applied experience in the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) in the Esri ArcGIS environment, including spatial data processing, publishing web services, thematic mapping, and database management. You have established knowledge of relevant software tools including MS Access, SQL Server, and/or FME Workbench. In this role you will be responsible for provision of GIS based support services to the project team.
- Design and publish web services using cartographic and data management skills
- Design and create hard copy maps using cartographic skills with an understanding of projections and datum
- Create, maintain, and analyze both spatial and non-spatial data in a variety of platforms, including ArcGIS and various graphics packages
- Manage geospatial data including sourcing data, editing data, and documenting the structure and process
- Work as part of a team delivering geospatial solutions and support
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized program, post-secondary institution with an emphasis on GIS
- 1-3 years of related experience in the use of GIS, including spatial data processing, publishing web services, thematic mapping, database management and knowledge of relevant software tools
- Good working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x and of ArcGIS extensions including but not limited to 3D Analyst, ArcToolbox
- Knowledge of Esri’s web-based tools including Collector for ArcGIS, Dashboard, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS is an asset
- Experience with data schemas and/or data dictionaries is an asset
- Experience with marine and/or terrestrial telecommunication systems is an asset
- Ability to work with databases such as MS Access and SQL Server is an asset
- Experience in FME Workbench, AutoCAD and MicroStation is an asset
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a changing environment