The Davey Tree Expert Company
Take ownership of your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation while growing your career in a dynamic industry! Davey Resource Group, Inc. has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in utility and environmental services. Become part of our energetic workforce, build your career, and emerge as a leader in the green industry. Spend your days outdoors and enjoy an engaging work environment where we apply technology, communication, and teamwork to bridge the gap between progress and nature. Get your hands and boots dirty while educating the public on the growth of trees. Our positions are for the adventurous and passionate!
What you’ll do:
- Solve complex spatial problems quickly and efficiently using ArcGIS for Desktop and other GIS-related tools.
- Assist in developing innovative and efficient workflows.
- Support GIS projects and communicate project progression effectively to team members, field staff, and clients.
- Perform data analysis to ensure data quality (quality assurance and quality control).
- Enforce the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Publish map, feature, and geodata services.
- Conceptual understanding of how to unitize hosted services.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of ArcGIS for Desktop, Catalog, Server, 10.3 +
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in GIS, geography, planning, civil engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Conceptual understanding of relational DBMS and how it correlates to an ESRI
- Enterprise Geodatabase environment (historically SDE).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Knowledge of Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms).
- Ability to work with abstract datasets.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, SQL, R, “Model Builder”).
- Data Reviewer.
- Knowledge of Geometric Networks.
- Knowledge of Electric Distribution
What you’ll get:
- Recession-resilient career opportunities tailored to your objective with a company identified by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers.
- Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the largest employee-owned service company in the country.
- An innovative and success-driven work environment that provides an excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
- The opportunity to work in America’s great outdoors with teammates that will support your professional growth and managers who empower.
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers through the Davey Institute of Tree Science.
- A company vehicle for commuting purposes & cell phone.
- Competitive wages based on qualifications and experience and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision & life insurance.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
- Discounted stock purchase options & 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.