This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS:
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, this position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Isanti County Geographic Information System (GIS) applications, working with Isanti County Employees, outside agencies, and the public to provide daily technical GIS services. Due to the diverse nature of clientele, and the complexity of the software used, this position requires self-motivation and the ability to perform both supervised and unsupervised tasks on a routine basis. This position has no direct supervisory duties. While providing support to user departments, this position will have daily interaction with a wide range of users. Consequence of errors could result in financial loss to the county, loss of data, and delays in the completion of work assignments.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The following are illustrative and are not intended to be all inclusive or restrictive.
- Maintain and oversee the county’s GIS applications.
- Maintain ArcGIS Online account, including all active published services.
- Coordinate GIS activities between county departments, municipalities, state agencies, and other public and private entities.
- Identify and explore opportunities to improve efficiency and improve services through GIS technologies.
- Work closely with individual county departments to address GIS needs.
- Serve as the technical point of contact for county staff that hold GIS roles in other departments.
- Meet requirements of national and state Address Point Data Specifications standards and protect the county from legal risks associated with technology.
- Develop and communicate GIS standards to the IT Committee.
- Subject Matter Expert for any and all GIS-related projects for the county.
- Respond to GIS or project-related questions and troubleshoot problems.
- Work closely with GIS vendors for improvements and to keep data current.
- Maintain complete and accurate GIS documentation.
- Prepare maps, charts, spreadsheets, and other materials for various meetings, grant applications, trials, and investigations.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and innovations by attending meetings, training and conferences, and reviewing technical literature.
- Maintain county GIS licenses and recommend GIS hardware/software purchases.
- Work with Website Developer to implement Internet and Intranet applications using GIS information.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Any combination of training and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- The individual must have strong human relations and technical skills.This person must have a strong customer service attitude and be able to establish rapport and cultivate quality working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Motivated, self- starter with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize requests, manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently.
- Knowledge of county policies and how GIS is used.
- High level of analytical skills and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and GIS technologies.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience supporting GIS.
- Ability to do research and independent study.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems with GIS.
- Ability to provide individual or group instruction and training.
- Ability to embrace change and complexity in work environment.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
- Regular and timely work attendance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or related field OR four years of work experience with GIS OR an acceptable combination of the above.
- Knowledge/Experience with the following is highly beneficial: Beacon, Legal Descriptions, ESRI Software, Relational Databases, and Programming.