City of Wauwatosa
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The City of Wauwatosa is much more than an employer – it’s a community. The City of Wauwatosa is a progressive, full-service municipal organization. Be a part of a team that strives to find new and better ways to improve our residents’ experiences.
The Sr. Engineering Technician (Surveyor) performs a variety of field survey and office duties related to municipal engineering design and construction practices.
The starting pay for this position ranges from $26.93 to $30.76/ hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Further increases to the top of the range, $36.92/hour, will be based on performance.
The following responsibilities are normal for the position but shall not be construed as exclusive or inclusive. Other related duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides necessary field surveying services for design and construction of streets, sewers, water mains, streetlights, traffic signals, sidewalks, and structures for the City.
- Operates various types of surveying equipment such as Robotic Total Station and GPS system to establish benchmarks, collect topographic data, and perform construction staking and other measurements needed for public works functions.
- Documents and maintains daily survey notes and construction logs, transfers survey data for plan preparation, keeps legible permanent records and survey data necessary for the design, layout, construction, and measurement for public works projects.
- Processes field points from self and other surveyor into an AutoCAD Civil 3D file for use in preparation of surfaces and pipe networks for engineering base plans.
- Prepares field-staking setup to generate construction stakeout file for self and other surveyor.
- Performs inspection of manhole and inlet structures for City projects.
- Ability to compute moderately complex engineering computations accurately.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Experience utilizing engineering software applications, specifically, but not limited to, AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds. Must possess conditioning and stamina to conduct surveying activities in all weather conditions.
The City of Wauwatosa reserves the right to utilize equivalencies where deemed appropriate with regard to education and experience requirements.
All of our employees are leaders of different varieties and we place as much emphasis on leadership as technical skills. The following leadership competencies have been identified as essential qualities for success in this position:
- Self-Directed and Time Management Skills
- Project Management and Results Oriented
- Team Player
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills and Problem Solving