Ricondo & Associates
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The GIS Analyst is responsible for providing project and operation support. Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS interfaces is a must. This includes integrating new and existing datasets to perform various analyses and preparation of paper and electronic deliverables for internal and external clients. Assignments are typically received in terms of expected outcomes and the incumbent is expected to act independently or with a team to develop required information, including analytical techniques and cartographic outputs, and to provide sound analyses and recommendations. Assigned projects may include cartographic design, spatial analysis, application development, database design or other areas specific to the assignment.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Work closely with end users to identify GIS requirements and technical issues.
- Recommend appropriate reactionary strategies in response to GIS analysis.
- Perform complex GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction, conversion, and generation assignments.
- Acquire, organize and maintain project related data from internal, open source, client or third-party sources into a database to accepted standards.
- Prepare, plan, produce, maintain and update a variety of maps, drawings, plans, and other graphic representations displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data; develops and maintains data layers, using GIS tools, AutoCAD tools, and relational databases.
- Perform detailed spatial analysis to manipulate, extract, locate and analyze geographic data, including buffering, clipping and exploring the relationships between map features.
- Manipulate images for electronic mapping.
- Research and confirm accuracy of all data received, updating or notifying the responsible party when updates are necessary.
- Actively record and update sources to credit data origin.
- Perform basic database analysis and maintenance involving daily GIS applications. Effectively add attribution data pertaining to specific features into a relational database.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolves GIS problems; communicates with internal and external technical resources to resolve end user issues; provides guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems.
- Willingness to travel domestically within the United States and internationally.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, geography, engineering, architecture, or aviation/technical areas
- GIS Certificate or 2 years work experience using GIS
- Excellent written and oral English
- Knowledge of ESRI 10x GIS software, AutoDesk, Google Earth Pro and other drafting technology
- Data collection, attribution and management
- Experience working with multiple projections and coordinate systems, and reprojecting data
- Experience with ESRI built-in tools, including tools available in the Data Management, 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst toolboxes
- US Census, demographic, and socioeconomic data understanding and experience
- Understanding and mapping of land use and zoning data
- Ability to convert multiple data formats, including shapefile, CAD drawings, tabular data, KMLs, etc.
- Knowledge of ESRI location services and geocoding
- Experience working with Environmental datasets and projects
- Editing, georeferencing, digitizing
- Knowledge of remote sensing, raster datasets, satellite or aerial imagery
Preferred Skills and Technical Expertise
- Experience with Safe Software FME
- Experience with the Federal Aviation Administration’s Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT)
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- GIS Application Development
- Experience with relational database management systems, SQL querying and database create, read, update and delete operations
- Cartographic production experience
- Coding experience with Python, SQL and XML
- Expertise in technical writing
- Work experiences in aviation, governmental services, or management consulting
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium cost to the employee, as well a generous paid time-off program, and 401(K) Company match to eligible employees.