University of Wisconsin-Madison
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Instructor for for an online couse in the GIS Professional Programs in the Department of Geography. GISPP Courses include:
Intro to Geocomputing (378)
Graphic Design in Cartography (572)
Spatial Databases (574)
Interactive Cartography & Geovisualization (575)
Spatial Web & Mobile Programming (576)
GIS & Spatial Analysis (579)
Capstone in GIS Development (777)
Practicum in GIS Development (778)
Teach one of the Online GIS Professional Program Courses
– Course content already developed.
– Facilitate student learning by replying to student email and discussion inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner (typically within 24 hours).
– Grade student labs within 7 days of due date.
– Communicate with students weekly via email announcement explaining what was covered the previous week and what is coming up the next week.
– Offer online office hours (preferably during the evenings, on weekends, or during lunch breaks) to meet with students who schedule help on Skype or Zoom (no more than 2 or 3 hours per week).
Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
– M.A. or M.S. in Geography, GIS, Cartography or Related Discipline
– Knowledge and familiarity with the following software: ArcGIS Desktop and Canvas (or similar LMS, e.g., Moodle, D2L, Blackboard, etc.)
– Academic or professional experience in GIS or cartography
– Your own computer (minimum 8GB RAM) with a fast internet connection (minimum 12mb/second). Note: we will provide the required software.
– Previous teaching experience at a community college or university
– Previous teaching experience of professional students
– Previous teaching experience online
– A willingness to do conduct some of your work outside of regular work hours (e.g., evenings and weekends)
– Professional experience using GIS