Continental Mapping Consultants, Inc.
Continental Mapping Consultants, Inc. of Sun Prairie, WI is seeking to hire full-time Survey-Field Collection Technicians to join our surveying team. This entry-level position requires deployment of up to three weeks, with time off between deployments. All costs of deployment travel and housing are company paid.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and enhanced through overtime and per diem pay with each deployment. Our Survey-Field Collection Technicians are also eligible for excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, a 401k plan, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and paid-time-off.
This position provides the opportunity to work outside in different areas of the country and is an excellent avenue to beginning and growing a career!
Summary of Position:
The survey field collection technician assists the survey crew chief in performing all survey and lidar collection related activities and is responsible for the care and daily maintenance of survey vehicles and equipment. This position requires deployments of up to three weeks.
Under the guidance of the survey crew chief, the individual will assist and support in the representative tasks listed below and progressively be responsible for performing these tasks independently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Using advanced technology survey equipment, collect and properly prepare data for processing
• Operate state of the art equipment including GNSS and GPS hardware, Trimble hardware, Total Station and sprint levels
• Operate the latest Trimble surveying and ESRI based mobile data collection software packages
• Willingness to learn new technology, techniques and equipment.
• Develop analytical and troubleshooting techniques for the equipment.
• Ability to lift and carry a Lidar unit:
o Ability to carry 30# backpack while walking including off-road, rough terrain conditions
o Ability to lift and secure Lidar unit onto the vehicle; lift 40# above head and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds
• Troubleshoot equipment as needed and find solutions
• Aid the survey crew chief and survey manager in daily survey activities
• Work cohesively with the team to meet deadlines
• Properly send collected information daily to processing team and meet quality control of data requirements
• Complete the care and daily maintenance of vehicles and equipment
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Ability to maintain a detailed daily log of requested information.
• Self-directed with the ability to make decisions based on information at hand and follow strict operating protocols in the field.
• Be able to travel for a 3- 4 -week period.
• Ability to walk and/or stand 8-10 hours daily in various terrain and weather conditions to collect data.