Ayres Associates is looking to add a purpose-driven student to grow with our team. Internships are meant to be resume-boosting experiences that allow you to test drive your future career. We’ll give you that and so much more! An internship with Ayres will lead to meaningful work that supports your future career, provide you with tools and resources to be successful, and mentors who are passionate about the industry. We expect our interns to have confidence, be adaptability, always work hard and be a team player. We look forward to reviewing your application and meeting you.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Provides assistance to the Survey Crew Chief and Professional Land Surveyor by applying sound technical skills and knowledge of surveying in broad areas of assignment.
- Cares for and maintains survey equipment on a regular basis.
- Serves as a survey technician working on one and two-person survey crews utilizing GPS, robotic total stations, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), and terrestrial based scanners.
- Office work may include processing field data, minor drafting and assisting with the preparation of documents.
- Position could require overtime and out-of-town travel.
- Working toward a two-year associate degree in Land Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- Adhering to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Physical requirements include walking over uneven terrain and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Reliable means of transportation to travel to the office and project sites.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Previous survey or drafting experience.