This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Madison, WI or Waukesha, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: Survey Crew Chief
On any given day, you’ll:
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Proficient use of survey field equipment, such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations and Microstation/Civil 3D CADD platforms.
- Assist Project Managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyor in preparation of land survey documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license or currently a PLS.
- Previous project management skills or interest in developing these skills.