Lincoln County Land Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the maintenance, coordination, and support of the County’s geographic information system (GIS) to advance the goals of the Lincoln County Land Records Modernization Plan. This includes the integration and coordination of tax listing, tax description, surveying, zoning, forestry, land conservation, sheriff, and addressing. It further includes the implementation of the ArcSDE spatial database repository used to store the County’s GIS production datasets.
Assists in administering and implementing the Lincoln County Rural Address and Road Naming Ordinance.
Provides technical assistance related to geographic information system data maintenance and development, and general land information activities. This includes creating, compiling and maintaining data necessary for the implementation and support of the County’s geographic information system and assisting in the acquisition and maintenance of surveying data.
All duties and responsibilities of this position are performed under the direction and guidance of the Land Services Administrator.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Land Information (50%-60%)
- Rural addressing
- GIS parcel mapping using ESRI’s ArcMap and COGO data entry in cooperation with County Surveyor and Real Property Lister
- Train and support county staff in the use of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) equipment and assist in usage of collected data
- Interpret field verifications of aerial photography and other remote sensing data
GIS/Real Property Lister (40%-50%)
- Update Land Records System
- Research delinquent tax parcels
- Research historic property records
- Review land transactions
- Work closely with town officials
- Have a working knowledge of Real Property Lister’s duties
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in geographic information systems, geography, landscape architecture, or related field, and four or more year’s related experience and/or training in GIS. Experience with GIS, GPS and CAD software, such as ESRI, AutoDesk, Trimble, Garmin and Windows Operating Platforms. Experience and understanding of coordinate geometry (COGO) procedures. Knowledge and ability to work with current programming languages and relational database management systems (RDBMS) is desired.