City of Elgin
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Under direct supervision, serves as GIS intern for the City of Elgin’s Water Department. Performs varied GIS activities requiring some independent judgment on content and format.
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- Help create GIS changes to database
- Data entry into Naviline/Outlook
- Onsite verification of data
- Utilize ESRI ArcGIS to create water utility GIS map layers
- Work with members of the public works water distribution and engineering departments to study as-built drawings to create accurate attribute information.
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be a college enrolled student that has a technical background; IT, web design, etc
- Have Microsoft Suite experience
- Work well with others
- Be a self starter, enthusiastic, and have good communication skills
- Be committed to working approximately 19 hours per week
- Be at least 18 yrs or older and pass background process which includes drug test and fingerprinting