This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position is highly technical in nature and includes preparing and reviewing legal descriptions and right-of-way plats for small to medium projects.
Examples of duties include:
- Determining acreage of right-of-way to be obtained
- Searching public records to determine property limits, and ownership’s and encumbrances
- Calculating bearings and distances required, computing coordinates of control survey points
- Writing descriptions in prescribed legal form, describing lands to be acquired for highway projects
- Researching surveys, plans, right-of-way plats and road records to establish existing centerline and highway widths
- Analyzing property descriptions and compute the position of property lines in relation to the centerline of construction
- Making recommendations to designers on right-of-way related problems
Applicants must identify coursework/training OR experience in all three of the following:
- Mathematics, including geometry and trigonometry
- Principles and/or practices of land surveying
- Computer programs for survey and/or Computer Aided Design and Drafting System (CADDS) applications (i.e. Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MicroStation, COGO)