Robert. E Lee & Associates, Inc.
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Robert. E Lee & Associates, Inc., a well-established engineering, environmental, and surveying firm in northeastern Wisconsin is seeking to fill a full-time GIS Technician position to build upon and expand our service offerings.
The GIS technician will perform a variety of duties, including data editing, manipulation, and analysis with GIS software, map layout and design, and database development. Applicants should possess a firm foundational knowledge of GIS concepts and principles, and have experience utilizing ESRI ArcMap software in a professional setting. We are looking for spatially-minded individuals who enjoy technical work on a computer and can be flexible to meet the demands of varying project types. A successful candidate should be able to work individually, and must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- 2 year degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related technical field with 2 years professional experience utilizing GIS systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Information Technology, or Environmental Sciences with 1 year experience in GIS systems.
- 2 year of experience utilizing ESRI ArcMap software.
- Experience with electric and gas utilities in the GIS industry is highly desirable.
- Experience editing parcel or easement data is a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is valued.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Data editing, manipulation, and analysis with GIS software
- Knowledge of standard GIS data formats
- Analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret utility maps, sketches, and other technical documents
- Knowledge of GPS and data collection hardware, software, and techniques, and the ability to integrate collected data into a GIS system
- Knowledge of cartographic principles for professional map layout and design