Town of Grand Chute
The Town of Grand Chute Community Development Department is seeking an enthusiastic geographic information systems (GIS) summer Intern to assist with Grand Chute’s stormwater permit program and its stormwater utilities. The Town’s GIS staff is responsible for using the latest ArcGIS technology to collect, build, and maintain municipal utility
networks. This position will provide hands-on experience and exposure to the Town’s stormwater network utilizing a variety of ESRI GIS software.
This is a part-time seasonal summer position scheduled from May – August between the hours of 7:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 7:00 am – 11:00 am Friday.
• Collect data using Trimble GPS equipment, IPads with Collector, Survey123, and digitizing from aerial photos.
• Assist the GIS team with creating, editing and maintaining town wide utility data.
• Work with GIS professionals, engineers and surveyors to incorporate existing data and needs into the GIS system
• Inspection and data collection on detention ponds, outfalls, culverts and other assets related to storm water
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING:
• Be at least (18) years of age.
• Pursuing a degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Engineering or Urban Planning from an
accredited college or university.
• Experience with ESRI ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Online and/or other ESRI products.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Possess a valid WI driver’s license.
• The ability to work in an outdoor setting with exposure to environmental factors such as temperature variations,
inclement weather, odors, noise, or dust that may cause discomfort and where there may be a risk of injury