Madison Gas and Electric
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
MGE is looking for an experienced Survey Technician to join our Gas Engineering team.
Select Job Duties:
• Mange and run survey field equipment including GPS.
• Compile information of horizontal & vertical control for utility equipment.
• Work closely with Gas and Electric Engineering designers in preparation of jobs.
• Perform route staking boundary determinations.
• Research land records, survey records, and land titles.
• Perform survey calculations for easements, mapping, construction, and as built.
• Research survey data control and historical map info.
• Prepare easement exhibits and maps using AutoCAD software.
• Prepare easement documents including legal descriptions.
• Work with deeds, leases, and other legal documents.
• Provide expert testimony in court regarding survey work as necessary.
• Tasks may involve working with Government agencies in the creation of various Rights of Way Documents.
• Consultant management as necessary
Education and Experience
• Associates Degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Land Survey or a related field.
• At least 3 years of field experience required.
• Certified Survey Technician (CST) or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) or the drive/ability to obtain professional designation preferred.
• Must have the ability to become a Notary.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage several concurrent projects.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Strong physical stamina.
• Strong problem-solving and technical skills.
• Intermediate AutoCAD skills.
• Trimble experience desired though not required.
• Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.