Madison Gas and Electric
MGE is looking for an experienced Survey Technician to join our Gas Engineering team.
Select Job Duties:
• Mange and run survey field equipment including GPS.
• Compile information of horizontal & vertical control for utility equipment.
• Work closely with Gas and Electric Engineering designers in preparation of jobs.
• Perform route staking boundary determinations.
• Research land records, survey records, and land titles.
• Perform survey calculations for easements, mapping, construction, and as built.
• Research survey data control and historical map info.
• Prepare easement exhibits and maps using AutoCAD software.
• Prepare easement documents including legal descriptions.
• Work with deeds, leases, and other legal documents.
• Provide expert testimony in court regarding survey work as necessary.
• Tasks may involve working with Government agencies in the creation of various Rights of Way Documents.
• Consultant management as necessary
Education and Experience
• Associates Degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Land Survey or a related field.
• At least 3 years of field experience required.
• Certified Survey Technician (CST) or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) or the drive/ability to obtain professional designation preferred.
• Must have the ability to become a Notary.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage several concurrent projects.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Strong physical stamina.
• Strong problem-solving and technical skills.
• Intermediate AutoCAD skills.
• Trimble experience desired though not required.
• Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.