This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Under the general direction of the Director of Planning and Economic Development. Responsible for studies or
projects involving knowledge of principles and practices of regional planning and an understanding of the
physical, social and economic concepts underlying planning, as well as the application of professional planning
knowledge and skills for comprehensive planning problems and ability to provide studies on a wide range of
Examples of Work:
- Conducts comprehensive planning studies related to economic base, employment, population,
land use, public facilities, utilities systems, etc.
- Collects and analyzes data, utilizing forecasting techniques when necessary.
- Prepares Federal and State grant applications.
- Processing zoning petitions and writes recommendations to the Zoning Board of Appeals
and the County Board.
- Answers public inquiries regarding general planning functions.
- Provides technical assistance and services to small communities; such as outlining goals
and objectives of a planning program and providing direction for orderly physical development
of the community.
- Provides technical and professional assistance to small communities on solving present
planning problems and avoiding future planning problems; such as, industrial location,
transportation systems, public utilities, housing and zoning; land development, etc.
- Prepares reports and technical memoranda.
- Keeps abreast of planning techniques by outside readings and meetings.
- Attends staff and committee meetings as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Two years of responsible experience in planning; or any equivalent combination of experience
and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of modern planning principles and practices and of the social and economic implications
- Knowledge of modern land use, zoning, population and subdividing concepts.
- Ability to perform technical research work and to give reliable advice on difficult planning projects.
- Considerable ability in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with subordinates, other
jurisdiction officials and the public.
- Considerable ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally.
- Good professional judgement.
An application must be completed on-line at https://my.wincoil.us/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx