This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
In this full-time position, most of your time will be spent as a Geographical Informational Systems (GIS) Analyst. You will produce and analyze high quality maps to support environmental surveys, client services, environmental permit acquisitions, assessments, and compliance management in all energy sectors. The remainder of your time will be spent in the conducting field work, reporting, and environmental permitting. Field work may include wetland delineations, biological surveys, habitat assessments, data collection, and construction site stormwater inspections.
The Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Analyses and preparation of maps to support environmental surveys, environmental permitting, and energy construction to all energy sectors (e.g., pipeline, oil and gas, electric transmission projects).
- Work with internal and external entities to provide detailed, accurate geospatial and GIS deliverables. Create maps by digitizing topographic details, identify land locations and geographic attributes.
- Work with internal and external clients to ensure Merjent’s reputation for excellence.
- Assist Project Managers with GIS operational and project requirements.
- Assist with wetland delineations according to the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual and applicable regional supplements
- Collect geospatial data using Trimble and ESRI products
- Record, manage, and analyze data
- Assist with technical document preparation
- Understand and implement health and safety plans
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, natural sciences, or closely related field.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of precise technical plans, geospatial data, drawings, and models.
- Familiarity with Global Positioning System (GPS) collection and data conversion technologies such as Trimble’s Pathfinder Office or ESRI’s ArcPad.
- Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software products including ArcMap 10.0 or higher.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Collector, and other web viewing platforms.
- Knowledge of enterprise geodatabases, ArcGIS server, and ArcSDE a plus but not required
- Ability to read, manipulate, modify, produce, and present zoning, plat, land use, single line, and aerial maps.
- Strong data management, project management, organizational, and people skills.
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple tasks under tight schedule constraints and change in work scope and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and “own” the process.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and interpret data from multiple sources and interests.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Willingness to learn
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to manage heavy workloads in highly mobile and changing work environments
- Ability to conduct field work for 10+ hours per day, sometimes in adverse conditions
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds is required
- Ability to work weekends, multiple-week shifts away from home, and regularly work in excess of 40 hours per week
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen