Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Spatial Technology Consultant (STC) is responsible for: On-site and remote Esri based solutions consulting including geodata management, web services, application configuration, and map creation. The STC will also be accountable for scoping work, defining deliverables, executing tasks, delegating, collaborating, troubleshooting, managing budgets, and focusing on client satisfaction. The STC will possess expert understanding of Esri based GIS with strong communication skills, technical aptitude and creative problem solving ability. The STC must excel in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a diverse array of project types. The STC will work directly with clients on-site and remotely
Responsibilities also include assisting the Business Development Manager with marketing efforts and proposal preparation as needed to drive the Group’s financial success and annual sales goals.
- Works directly with clients (must have own vehicle) remotely and onsite. Acts as both a client advocate and a firm advocate, while coordinating and performing work on a team.
- Provides GIS project consultation with focus on ArcGIS Online, Esri Desktop, GeoData, ArcServer/Enterprise 10.x, and asset management systems.
- Acts as the AGOL administrator for client collaborations, data distribution, and content organization.
- Assist with sales and business development initiatives, including occasional proposal writing.
- Remains curious to learn new spatial technologies without being prompted. Pursues training, learning, and speaking events that further technical and professional development.
- Manages geospatial data including sourcing data, editing data, and documenting the structure and process
- Creates maps for various governmental departments/disciplines. Emphasis is typically on Public Works and Engineering/Planning department needs.
- Creates and participates in proposal preparation, interviews, and presentations. Presentations may be sales-related pitches, client meetings, as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- 4+ years of related experience in the use of GIS, including spatial data processing, publishing web services, thematic mapping, database management, and knowledge of relevant software.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Remote Sensing, or related field.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals or groups as well as work with several different groups/disciplines with differing competency levels of GIS.
- 4+ years of Esri software experience (specifically ArcGIS 10.x and ArcGIS Online).
- 3+ years’ experience working directly with Esri geodata including geodatabases, Web services, related spatial data types, geodatabase schemas, replication, versioning, and distributed databases.
- GISP Certification, Member of Professional and Technical Societies, previous experience with Municipal GIS and IT/GIS all a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrated history of embracing progressive ideas/technologies/solutions.