GAI Consultants is seeking a GIS Specialist to work out of our Green Bay or Oshkosh office. For this role we are also considering teleworking opportunities for applicants in the state of Wisconsin. A successful candidate will provide GIS support to a variety of energy sectors through the development of maps, databases, and spatial analyses. The GIS Specialist will be expected to work in the Esri software platform and become knowledgeable in the core environmental services that GAI offers its clients, such as wetland and stream delineation, state and federal permitting, and sensitive species surveys. Esri and project specific training will be provided by GAI GIS staff as needed.
Bring your talent to a range of stimulating projects alongside supportive and accomplished teammates — advance your career, fulfill your professional aspirations, and express your entrepreneurial spirit as an essential contributor to an established and growing employee-owned company.
Sound like a fit? We’d love the opportunity to get to know you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience working with Esri products suite, including ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) with 3D Analyst & Spatial Analyst Extensions, ArcGIS Online,
ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal), and other GIS software such as Google Earth Pro. ArcGIS Pro experience a plus.
- Experience publishing map services and using ArcGIS Online/Enterprise to deploy and share web maps for use in Collector, Web AppBuilder, etc. a plus.
- Knowledgeable of Trimble products suite, including TerraSync and Pathfinder Office/Positions preferred but not mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university program in GIS, IS/IT, Geography, or Environmental Science with a certificate (preferred) or strong aptitude in GIS and other related information sciences.
- 2-8 years’ GIS experience through internships or professional jobs strongly preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and is naturally motivated, focused, hard-working, and eager to learn.
- Ability to work in a team environment and assist with cross-training as needed.
- Possesses an attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Strong aptitude for using MS Office Suite, in particular MS Excel.