Minnesota IT Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
- Lead GIS Developer: Lead the development of custom geospatial solutions to meet MPCA needs, including geospatial data services and browser-based web applications.
- GIS Infrastructure Administrator: Manage and administer agency geospatial server software infrastructure (currently ESRI ArcGIS Server), including setting up new services, testing services to be used in enterprise applications, upgrading and maintaining enterprise server configurations, and debugging server problems that affect enterprise applications. Provide leadership and technical expertise on GIS infrastructure and application development on current projects and for the future.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
- Position requires a minimum of four (4) years of IT experience developing geospatial applications.
Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and administering ESRI ArcGIS Server software in a production environment.
- Experience prototyping, authoring, and publishing spatial data services using ESRI ArcGIS Server.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Portal platforms.
- A strong understanding of geospatial analysis techniques, map projections coordinate systems, data transformations, and cartographic principles.
- Practical experience with at least one interpreted programming language (like Python) to script and automate data workflows and analysis.
- A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three years of experience, OR a related Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, OR a related Associate’s substitutes for one year.
- Open source geospatial tools such as Mapserver, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, Leaflet, and PostGIS
- Developing mobile geospatial applications