This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Our land survey group delivers expertise to our internal and external clients. The services are supported by a cohesive team of crew chiefs, technicians, professional land surveyors, and project managers, bringing consistency and flexible resources to our employees and clients. The Land Survey Group at Ayres Associates is seeking individuals in our Madison and Waukesha, WI office locations. This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has the technical expertise to serve in a crew chief role and motivated for career growth.
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations and Microstation/Civil 3D CADD platforms.
- Assist Project Managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyor in preparation of land survey documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license or currently a PLS.
- Previous project management skills or interest in developing these skills.