Sentera is seeking a geospatial analyst with knowledge, experience, and interest in the fields of geospatial data processing and analysis to apply these skills toward analyzing images of farm fields and orchards captured by drones.
You will be a part of the Data Science team working alongside agronomists, software engineers, and machine learning scientists to quantify what’s happening in farm fields and orchards. You will perform geospatial data processing and analysis in an office environment. You will run semi-automated workflows to analyze farm fields and orchards, edit the resulting shapefiles in a quality assurance workflow, then generate maps and reports for delivery. Mastery of GIS software such as ArcGIS or QGIS is crucial to this role, with an emphasis on raster, point, and polygon processing.
RegardingCOVID-19: Everyone on Sentera’s geospatial team has been working effectively from home since April 2020 and will continue to work from home until circumstances change significantly. At some point in the future you will be required to work in our physical office, however, you will work from home until that time.
- Process sets of images captured by drones to produce georeferenced mosaics (raster data) using stitching software.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks related to analyzing georeferenced imagery of orchards and farm fields with an emphasis on rasters, polygons, and points.
- Use internal tools, workflows, and models to process imagery of agricultural fields.
- Enhance existing models or build new models using QGIS Graphical Modeler or Arc Model Builder.
- Generate maps and reports.
- Generate polygon vector layers based on customer description of farm field experiment locations for zonal analysis of raster data.
- Perform zonal analysis of raster data using a combination of automated tools and manual workflows.
- Work with software engineering team to develop efficient workflows for vector and raster analysis.
- Use internal tools and workflows to automatically detect and analyze trees in orchard imagery.
- Inspect results and make edits to shapefiles using quality assurance workflows.
- Prepare processing results for customer delivery.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Software
- ArcGIS or QGIS
- Vector and raster data processing
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, environmental science, GIS or a related field.
- Preferred: GIS Certificate
- 0-5 years of experience as a geospatial analyst