The Sidwell Company
A Mapper is a key position within the Professional Services Department of The Sidwell Company!
As the Mapper you will work to develop GIS data for our customers and work in a collaborative environment following standardized procedures and/or specific supervisory directions.
What your impact will be:
- Meet/exceed monthly goals and projections
- compiling geographic information system (GIS) data utilizing an array of documentation including, but not limited to: public land survey system (PLSS), railroad and highway strip maps, platted subdivisions, surveys, deeds, and legal descriptions to complete tax parcel and land records GIS.
- Weekly project status updates with supervisor
- High quality mapping output that adheres to our customer’s and Sidwell standards
What we are looking for:
- High School Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience utilizing CAD platforms (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.) and/or GIS platforms (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, etc.) to create and modify features in a digital environment is required; especially editing of parcels and land records.
- Direct interaction with peers in an office environment though remote .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and English proficiency are required.
- Professional experience drafting in CAD, ArcGIS or equivalent software platform
- Ability to legally work in the United States based on U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify requirements.
- Ability to multitask while working independently or in a fast-paced team driven environment.
What will make you stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Geographic Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Editing land records data in ArcGIS Desktop
- Understanding of geometric principles for angular calculation, curve parameters, area measurements, etc.
- Interpretation of property boundaries from aerial photography, official documents and other resources