City of Milwaukee
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Developer-Senior works within the Technical Services Team to provide mapping and data services to all Milwaukee Water Works sections. The person in this position supports the Water Engineering staff by developing applications to reduce the time required to update drawings as contractors complete water main projects. In addition, the incumbent provides accurate and up to date maps and applications for mobile devices used by both Water Distribution repair teams and Meter Shop technicians.
- Coordinate with City of Milwaukee Information Technology Management Division (ITMD) to administer and maintain the Water Works portion of the Enterprise ArcGIS Server environment.
- Write scripts or develop models to automate tasks, such as building datasets or publishing data; bring data into the GIS system using PYTHON scripting.
- Develop applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS online using GeoCortex and ESRI AppBuilder.
- Assist sections of the Water Works with the implementation of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Provide training to the Water Works employees on ArcGIS applications and related topics.
- Work closely with internal customers by troubleshooting issues, following up on proposed fixes, and keeping customers informed of progress updates and changes.
- Inform managers about time, activities, and status of projects; provide reports and presentations on ArcGIS topics and issues relevant to system updates and project progress.
- Develop applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Maintain Map Milwaukee by troubleshooting problems; provide training and user support to City employees and residents in order to optimize efficiency and to meet users’ needs for related data and information.