This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Institutional GIS Manager (IT Operations Manager I) will be a part of the GIS pooled resources (center of excellence) to support expanded spatial-based business intelligence and territory planning applications within route, district, and sales and operations business planning. Leads the tactical and strategic territory and route planning by interfacing with business leaders to apply meaningful GIS technology and information that improves efficiency of our field workforce.
- Supervise a team of GIS analysts who are collecting, editing, processing, and modelling mapping data from various sources to produce deliverables that meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Interface directly with Sr. Leaders from the Division and broader COE staff to apply analytical GIS information and processes to help improve route and territory optimizations using multiple criteria, routing models, profiles, and other spatial analyses.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ascertain project purpose and GIS information required to support their business needs.
- Consult with other IT sections to coordinate activities.
- Develop project scopes and objectives through hands-on application, networking, research and use of applicable technology.
- Keep up to date with new technology and investigate new applications.
- Lead team members and the field organization to adopt GIS outputs to achieve divisional and company goals.
- Assign subordinates to various projects, direct their activities, review/evaluate their work, and communicate performance results.
- Leverage the broader GIS COE team to apply coding, geospatial, statistical, and modeling tools to uncover underlying opportunities.
- Meet key deliverable timelines to provide detail and summary reporting.
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Coach direct reports, business partners and end users in understanding and adopting GIS information and analysis outputs.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, Geography, Planning or related field
- 10+ years of overall GIS experience.
- 5+ years of experience using Esri GIS software products involving GIS data development, manipulation, modeling, and analysis.
- 2+ years of experience with Esri Enterprise/Portal/ArcOnline.
- Experience working with Esri Geodatabase, Model Builder, Python, structuring queries and geographic and spatial methods and techniques.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
- 2+ years of GIS Supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of Esri ArcGIS experience; including Network Analyst tools and functionality including Location-Allocation and VRP.
- 2+ years of experience in fundamentals of Geocoding and Address Matching.
- Experience in SQL Azure and Enterprise Geodatabases.
- Experience in business analysis and applied GIS toward territory & route design.
- GIS Project management experience.
- Experience in global projects.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision and develop advanced skills.
- Ability to compile, review and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database, and word-processing applications.
- Interpersonal leadership and good oral communication skills.