The Climate Corporation
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Climate Corporation is looking for a talented and motivated backend engineer to contribute to the mission of helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity. As a senior technical leader in the Remote Sensing Engineering team, you will guide a team chartered with ingesting and transforming geospatial data into usable map imagery, as well as supporting other large scale location based services. You will be accountable for the design and technical stewardship of existing and next-generation large scale data processing pipelines. If you are a skilled, creative, collaborative software engineer and leader who wants to have a meaningful impact on the world, we would love to engage with you about a role here at The Climate Corporation.
What You Will Do:
- Lead technical direction and architectural evolution of our data pipelines and related digital farming platform capabilities.
- Work with data ranging from on farm collected precision agriculture data to remote sensed satellite imagery
- Develop distributed scalable platforms to process high volume, computationally intensive models
- Stay connected with the agriculture industry and our grower customers to ensure that their needs are appropriately reflected in the product roadmap
- Deliver high quality, sustainable systems and teach others to do the same
- Plan, lead and guide improvements and architecture in key discipline areas and in a global cross functional capacity
- BS, MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- 10+ years experience programming in Java or an equivalent OOP language
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing robust back-end services and platforms
- Prior experience building and supporting large-scale applications and infrastructure
- Experience building scalable backend services (REST APIs, microservices, designing and implementing efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, persistent store)
- Experience working with AWS or another public cloud platform
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- 4+ years serving as a technical lead in a cloud-based organization or business division.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Expert knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Expert knowledge building robust backend services and REST APIs
- Expertise in imagery processing and feature extraction from satellite and aerial sources
- Experience with layered geospatial data structures and data representations
- Expertise designing and implementing highly scalable data-intensive processing systems
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence store
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.) (Strong Plus)
- Experience with a compiled JVM language (Java, Scala, Clojure) (Strong Plus)
- Experience with messaging paradigms and middlewares. (SQS, JMS etc)