This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Overall Purpose/Summary: Under the direction of Land Information Division Manager, is responsible for all aspects of assessment data entry and real property listing. Consults with IT department and software vendors by providing troubleshooting and testing for resolution of observed discrepancies in the Land Information Management System (LIMS); Supports addressing management system, parcel mapping updates and Dodge county Sheriff’s Office (DCSO) Communications Center.
Requirements: Four (4) year Bachelor’s degree in GIS/LIS, Geography, or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered. Certification from Department of Revenue as an Assessor 2 or higher or demonstrate ability to attain certification preferred. Work related experience in a government setting is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of and working experience with cartographic and survey related concepts and techniques including a thorough understanding of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS).
• Considerable knowledge of terminology, laws and regulations with ability to interpret and research surveys, deeds, and other real estate documents affecting ownership, assessment, and property location.
• Considerable knowledge of terminology used in real estate and personal property assessment and tax rolls with ability to maintain accurate and complete assessment records.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Records Management Software, internet access and SQL.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software related to mapping and land descriptions.
• Basic knowledge of (CAD) software (Autodesk preferred) and willingness to develop skill in its use.
• Considerable knowledge and understanding of current GIS database concepts and techniques.
• Considerable knowledge of and working experience with current GIS applications including ESRI ArcGIS ArcInfo, extensions, and ArcServer.
• Experience with large-format plotters and scanners.
• Experience with digital orthophotography and aerial photo interpretation.
• Knowledge of document scanning concepts, techniques and IS system integration.
• Thorough knowledge of local governmental organization.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to answer questions and to notify real estate professionals of errors and discrepancies found in documents.
• Ability to communicate to audiences with vastly differing levels of understanding regarding property ownership and assessment matters.
• Ability to research, analyze, interpret, evaluate, understand and communicate technical material effectively.
• Ability to analyze/synthesize/compile information for use in decision making.
• Ability to set goals and objectives, meet project completion dates, and establish methods of completion.
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively (verbal and written) with a wide variety of contacts including County employees, officials at the municipal, County, state, federal level, and with other public and private sector clients and vendors.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional, effective public and working relationships, at times working with difficult or hostile individuals with tact and courtesy.
• Ability to think clearly and react appropriately and professionally under pressure.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to deal with multiple priorities and problems concurrently.
• Ability to conscientiously develop and apply quality standards and monitor accuracy and quality of data.
• Ability to work independently on multiple work assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to oversee and professionally direct the work of others.
• Willingness to participate in professional organizations and to improve and enhance profession education through attendance at seminars and other available programs.
• Ability to treat matters confidentially.
• Must meet requirements of Dodge County Driver Qualification Program.