We are seeking a GIS Manager to oversee all activity with regards to GIS Mapping, Data Analysis, software selection and development. The right candidate will be experienced in GIS or engineering project management, to include supervision of employees, evaluation of and fulfilling customer needs, quality control, and all other aspects of work related to their projects.
- Point of contact between the customer and internal operations of the project group. Ensure customer expectations are met and maintain CCI’s good will for future business. This role may be customer facing requiring clear communications, as well as, polished and professional personal interactions.
- Meet regularly with key personnel to ensure information flows in both directions and to ensure stated goals and objectives are met.
- Manage staffing needs in the project group along with maintaining staffing projections.
- Implement corrective action(s), as appropriate, on any project in order to meet cost targets, and completion schedules.
- Knowledgeable and current on the latest forms of all GIS drafting software platforms, AutoCAD drafting and enhancement packages used by the Engineering Department.
- Recommend GIS solutions and software to fulfill customer needs.
- Perform QC of employees work and provide helpful feedback. Coach employee(s) to ensure he/she fully understands the errors and how to correct them.
- Have a complete understanding of the project specs, rules, tracking tools, timesheet requirements, QC process, etc. These items will be included in the training process.
- Create/assemble training material(s) and lead classroom style and/or one-on-one training sessions for new and existing production employees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills we are looking for?
- Ambitious, driven, and personable candidates with experience managing the GIS portion of a project implementation/startup.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management highly preferred. Associate’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering design or related work in an industrial/construction environment highly preferred. A minimum of 5 years’ of supervisory experience in engineering design or related field preferred.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Effectively work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong analytical and observational skills, which demonstrate ability to, plan projects, review/recommend technical specifications, coordinate staffing needs, communicate, and manage all aspects of a project.
- Must be willing to learn new product lines and technologies to serve the departmental needs and goals.
- Able to handle employee issues effectively and in a timely manner.
- This position may require some infrequent travel.
Shift is a minimum 40 hours per week; Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:00 am – 5:00 pm CST. Must be flexible, and willing to work outside normal business hours as needed.