raSmith is a consulting civil engineering and land surveying company dedicated to our clients, employees and profession. Our clients come to us for creative and effective solutions for their projects. Our work includes both private and public sector projects in land development, transportation/traffic, structural, municipal and ecological areas. We work on projects nationwide from our seven locations in Wisconsin, Illinois and California.
Our interns receive real-world experience by working side-by-side with raSmith project managers, surveyors and technicians on a variety of projects. The tasks are diverse, depending on our current projects, and are designed to push you, stretch you, and shape your thinking. Participants are encouraged to hone their problem-solving abilities and develop technical skills through challenging project assignments.
We are currently accepting applications for a 2021 summer Intern position at our Brookfield, WI office (approximately 10 miles west of downtown Milwaukee). We are looking for students with an interest in gaining practical surveying experience through on-the-job training and are interested in a career in Land Surveying. The intern tasks are diverse, depending on our current projects. Initial duties will include working in the field as part of a two person survey field crew. You will become familiar with our equipment, data collection procedures and work methods, in addition to the various types of our survey projects.
Qualified Students must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Surveying or Survey related program at an accredited college or university.
- Have technical skills to include exposure to AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office products
- Able to solve basic engineering problems; good decision-making skills
- Skilled at planning by accurately scoping out length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Have excellent communication, detail orientation, interpersonal skills, and be a team player