This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to play a key role with the organization, development and maintenance of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Land Records Modernization of Trempealeau County. The work is performed under the direction of Land Records Modernization Coordinator.
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field, with one year of GIS experience preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Knowledge of GIS methods and procedures, coordinate systems, standard mapping principles, geodatabases, and ESRI Software products including, ArcGIS Desktop 8.x or newer and Microsoft Office Products required. Experience using ArcExplorer, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, AutoCad preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret legal property descriptions.
- Assists in designing, creating, developing and maintaining the geographic and land information systems point, arc and polygon layers including but not limited to PLSS, Parcels, Hydrology, Transportation,
- Boundaries, Address and associated layers through the use of digitization, coordinate geometry, aerial photos, scanned documents or others sources.
- Assist in monitoring the quality and accuracy of data; work in a precise and efficient manner.
- Assist in integrating and maintaining relational databases, Geodatabases and related information regarding Land Records and GIS.
- Integrate databases and Geodatabases with parcel maps.
- Provide information to county personnel, property owners, government officials, municipalities, real estate agents, financial institutions and others regarding tax parcel information, county maps and mapping procedures. Assist in the search of land boundary information. Prepare copies, prints or plots.
- Assist County Departments in obtaining, developing and maintaining GIS data, databases and maps.
- Assists in maintaining E911/Wireless E911 GIS Data and Databases. Reviews Master Street Addressing Guide (MSAG) records for accuracy and assures proper Emergency Service Numbers (ESN’s) are assigned. Provides telephone company with MSAG updates. Reconciles reports of 911 errors and submits corrections to telephone company. Maintains county road directory, address database and maps. Assigns new rural addresses. Coordinates addresses with cities and villages.
- Record, file and index maps, field notes, computations, and other related information into computerized system.
- Prepare a variety of written materials and correspondence, including metadata, process documentation, and training manuals.
- Maintains knowledge of computer-aided mapping systems, geographical information systems, land records modernization methods, procedures, and mandates.
- Research records in various public offices. Creates Maps as needed.