Otter Tail County
Otter Tail County is seeking a full-time GIS Coordinator. This position serves as the central resource and business leader for GIS technology.
Accountabilities include management and deployment of GIS technology, the development of system architecture, and the execution of standard operating procedures for spatial data, business system integration and GIS solutions. This position requires a collaborative and strategic leader with excellent communication skills and the capacity to lead countywide GIS planning and deployment. The position represents the county at local and regional committees and user groups.
Example of Duties
- Design and implement best practices for spatial data development, editing and quality control including overseeing management, development and creation of geographic data and attribute databases within GIS technology-based programs to ensure consistency of presentation, accuracy of information and compliance with documented standards.
- Lead GIS User-Group and ensure standards and policies are followed countywide.
- Manage system development and expansion through the analysis of user needs and system capabilities to maximize utilization and performance and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide project leadership for complex GIS projects and coordinates the resources needed to successfully complete on schedule and within budget.
- Develop and conduct user training for various applications and user needs.
- Develop standard operating procedures and system documentation to provide user instructions and ensure the integrity and sustainability of the applications and programs.
- Manage and negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Provide supervision, mentorship and direction to GIS staff.
- Represent the county in public forums, provides presentations, serves as subject matter expert on the GIS program, provides leadership in the deployment of GIS technology.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure adequate infrastructure is in place to provide for the effective access to and utilization of GIS databases in compliance with county policies.
- May assist with duties and responsibilities as outlined in the County Emergency
- Operations Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience in GIS
- 1 year advanced knowledge of maps, Esri mapping software and relational database management.
- Valid Driver’s License