This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Kenosha County is seeking a part-time paid intern with familiarity in GIS and land records related activities. Experience gained in the classroom and/or through personal application will be considered. Duties will include data collection and maintenance efforts for various land records databases. The duration of the internship is variable dependent upon approved funding. Rate of pay is $16 per hour.
- Utilize GPS equipment to collect various asset data
- Create, update, and maintain GIS layers
- Maintain real property related data within land and property management system
- Create applications in a cloud-based GIS online environment
- Scan plats of survey, assign associated metadata, and file original documents
- Develop documentation for workflows
- Perform other related land records activities as assigned
Applicants should have strong analytical skills, with the ability to work within a team as well as independently. Familiarity with GIS software products and GPS equipment is desired. Students in geography, GIS, planning, civil engineering, or closely related field are encouraged to apply. Applicants must possess a valid driver license and personal transportation for field related tasks throughout Kenosha County.
- Application Review – Qualifying
- Oral Interview – Qualifying
- Background Investigation – Qualifying
- Drug Screen – Qualifying