Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a GIS Specialist to join our team in our Minneapolis, MN office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spatial analysis is the dominant portion of the job duties envisioned for this position, but will be balanced with a variety of cartography, field staff support, and research and development.
- Provide independent data interpretation while effectively maintaining data documentation.
- Create and modify GIS datasets; manage and maintain legacy GIS datasets; develop and implement GIS-based analyses supporting civil engineering, electrical engineering, and survey projects.
- Produce technically skilled and detailed solutions to include preparing clear, complete, and accurate representations of spatial data using hardcopy and/or electronic media.
- Core responsibility includes processing data and graphics requests from project team members and anticipating information needs and presentation format as part of engineering and survey workflows.
- You will work on energy projects, such as transmission, solar and wind, and land projects, such as residential and commercial development, to compile available information for project proposals.
- Develop and maintain geospatial data on desktop and mobile applications. Ensure data meets appropriate data accuracy and content standards for quality assurance and quality control.
- Must have a degree in GIS, geography, environmental studies, or related field with demonstrated capabilities in GIS.
- Hands-on knowledge of Esri ArcGIS desktop software, including ArcMap and ArcPro.
- Strong understanding of geodatabases and geodatabase applications.
- Ability to work with vector and raster datasets.
- Experience using ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, or another web mapping system.
- Familiar with GPS data collection and data management, including Collector for ArcGIS.
- Ability to use and edit shapefiles and geodatabases (personal, file, and enterprise).
- Experience working with different coordinate systems, map projections, and datum’s.
- Familiarity with standard cartographic methods, theories and principles.
- Ability to independently manage multiple assignments, determine and set job task priorities and work with limited direct supervision.
Preferred but not required
- Previous work in/familiarity with consulting engineers and/or surveyors.
- Experience using AutoCAD and DWG files
- Experience using Google Earth and KMZ files.
- Familiar with LiDAR datasets and usage
- Experience using Python, ModelBuilder or another common GIS scripting language is desirable, as job duties will include creating scripts to streamline frequently performed tasks.