This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Badger Meter Internship Program provides hands-on, real-world experience to students through projects that make a difference! In addition to your projects, you will be given the opportunity to participate in our robust Intern program focused on Badger Meter Culture, professional development, community outreach and a final capstone project.
Badger Meter is hiring a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst Intern. The GIS Analyst Intern will assist the marketing software support team in assessing Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) network conditions and making recommendations on AMI network deployments by using GIS software. Day-to-day responsibilities will include data engineering, development of web maps for sales and marketing, and data validation of radio endpoints. The GIS Analyst Intern will learn how to use sophisticated proprietary software as well as hone GIS development skills by assisting in the automation of GIS tasks.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform GIS data maintenance including file clean-up, geocoding address lists, and creating service area polygon shapefiles.
- Automate repetitive GIS tasks using software like ArcPy and/or Jupiter Notebooks
- Operate ESRI ArcPro software to display geographic data; to design, create, and plot custom map products; to generate summary reports; and to support standard analytical functions
- Create visualization products in the form of web maps and physical maps.
- Assist team members in resources acquisition, data analysis, and sales support.
- Monitor AMI performance and troubleshoot issues using ESRI ArcPro and Excel
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to cellular coverage and field evaluation analysis processes
- Create and update Salesforce case requests
- Attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with other departments
- Update the value stream map for the cellular coverage analysis and field evaluation analysis processes
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Geography or Urban Planning, with an emphasis on Geographic Information Systems, or related field, OR currently pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Intermediate computer/technical skills in Microsoft products and ESRI ArcGIS software suite