This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Wyser Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to a diverse workforce with all qualified applicants receiving consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment practices including hiring, compensation and promotion decisions are exclusively based on business needs and individual merit.
The Survey Technician is responsible for the in-field data collection and processing of measurements used in for various Boundary, Topographic & Utility Surveys, Certified Survey Maps and Plats under the supervision of a Project Surveyor and/or Survey Crew Chief and performs construction layout measurements and computations for various construction projects, such as building, utility, development and roadway staking
- Work with the Project Surveyor to determine field work schedules and to prepare land survey documents
- Maintain, prepare, calibrate, and use survey related equipment
- Collect field data and assist Land Surveyor and/or Survey Crew Chief in the field as necessary; make and record field observations and notes
- Proficient use of survey field equipment, such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations, auto level, and other survey instruments and Civil 3D CAD platforms.
- Perform a variety of field/office survey, mapping, layout tasks and computations
- Read and interpret construction drawings
- Assist Project Managers, Project Surveyors and Survey Crew Chiefs in support of their duties
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices; physical requirements include walking over uneven terrain and lifting items up to 50 lbs.
- Quality control reviews and compliance
- Other tasks or assistance as assigned
- High school diploma with an Associate Degree in Land Surveying or two (2) years of experience in field surveying; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience in Computer Aided Design programs and surveying related software analysis programs and use of survey related equipment is beneficial but not required
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team setting
- A valid driver’s license, personal vehicle use, and willingness to travel
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org