Geospatial Interns are responsible for driving and operating company vehicles and data collection systems to collect good and accurate data of roadways and their features in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines by performing the following duties. They are accountable for performing tasks in a timely manner and maintaining quality standards when assisting various Production departments while at our headquarters.
- Responsible for driving company vehicles and operating cutting-edge mobile mapping collection equipment to gather quality and accurate data of roadways and their features
- Navigate through unfamiliar areas, sometimes under adverse traffic conditions, while maintaining strict safety standards and maintaining proper data collection methods
- Work with data collection representatives to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise in the field
- 100% travel within the United States with deployments averaging 8-12 weeks in duration
Specialized Knowledge/Skills and Other Requirements
- Basic understanding of GPS & LiDAR
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Geosciences or STEM
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
- Clean driving record
- Ability to travel 100% June to mid August
This position requires 100% travel between beginning of June to mid August.