Red Cliff Band of The Lake Superior Chippewa
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
JOB SUMMARY: The GIS Manager will be a member of the Planning Department team that will plan and implement all aspects of Red Cliff’s GIS and related projects including facilitating
project teams, identifying resources and establishing project objectives, timelines and milestones and developing standards for GIS deployment and use. The Zoning Manager will be responsible
for the development and planning of land use, including the development and enforcement of zoning policies and land-use codes.
1. Develop, implement and revise GIS Policies and Procedures.
2. Design and implement organizational GIS Standards.
3. Develop, implement, coordinate and maintain internal technical standards and coordinate activities with the Red Cliff IT Department.
4. Recommend capital and operational outlays, develop and track GIS-related budgets.
5. Obtain and manage necessary GIS resources.
6. Coordinate GIS-related projects with tribal departments.
7. Develop, maintain and update GIS databases.
8. Conduct and oversee spatial data development needed for land use planning and management.
9. Serve as the Organization’s internal and external point of contact on GIS matters.
10. Perform regular updates and maintains data integrity.
11. Design and produce maps requested by Tribal Administration.
12. Implement web-based mapping applications to improve information dissemination and data collection among Tribal Government Departments.
13. Collects a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, natural resource and land use.
Zoning Manager Duties:
1. Attend all Red Cliff Project Application and Compliance Review (PAC) meetings in accordance with Ch. 37 RCCL.
2. Coordinate with Legal Department and appropriate Government Divisions and Departments in developing, monitoring, managing, and refining Red Cliff Land Use Codes and Policies.
3. Consult and cooperate with the PAC Team and Tribal Council to update land-use plan and zoning map/ordinance as needed.
4. Serve as point of contact for the PAC Team regarding land use matters. Post public notices relevant to land-use, zoning and enforcement.
5. Coordinate with the Zoning Administrator on permitting and compliance related issues.
6. Maintain and update PAC Policies and Procedures Manual consistent with the Red Cliff Code of Law.
7. Communicate regularly with members of the public and staff to explain rules and procedures.
8. Assist the Zoning Administrator in enforcement of the Land Use Code identified in the Red Cliff Code of Law in cooperation with Tribal Law Enforcement and Legal Departments.
9. Assist in issuing Land Use Permits in accordance with the Red Cliff Code of Law.
10. Present testimony and other evidence to Tribal Court related to injunctions and prosecutions of violations of the Red Cliff Land Use Code.
11. Review and assist in the development of project and grant proposals such as site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations. Evaluate and assist in the evaluation of rezoning, ordinance amendments, site plans, special use permits, variances and other proposals
12. Assist in planning efforts to write, implement and evaluate strategic plans and ensure concurrency with the Land Use Code.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity for Ojibwe culture and traditions.
• GIS mapping software products including ESRI ArcGIS, Intergraph Geomedia Professional, and Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D. A successful candidate should be familiar with the data requirements and discrepancies of each system.
• System and data requirements for the Tritech 911 Dispatch software, Tiburon Police Records software, CRW On-line Permitting software, and Maintenance Connection Asset Management Software.
• Practices and standards required for maintaining GIS Public Safety data. This includes GIS data for 911 Dispatch, Records, and Emergency Run Maps.
• Commercial database systems
• Imagery formats commonly used for municipal government applications. Ability to manipulate imagery as required.
• SQL and its usage to create and modify data sources for the Tribe’s GIS.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Earth Science, Planning, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
2. GIS Certificate is highly desirable.
3. Understand emerging GIS technologies and their application to improve services.
4. A minimum of 3 years experience as a GIS Manager/Coordinator, Planner or similar position with professional-level experience in the design, development, implementation and administration of GIS, including analysis and database development and integration preferred.
OR Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and skill to perform the essential functions of the job.
5. Good team working and written/oral communication skills. Grant writing skills a plus.
6. Good time management skills.
7. Strong analytical, critical, and problem-solving skills.
8. General computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, file management and other programs as applied to architectural work
9. Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and appropriate vehicle coverage and maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment. Be eligible to be put on the tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following items are required for this position:
1. Completed Tribal Application, to include work history and references, available on the Tribal website.
2. Tribal Background Investigation Disclosure; available on the Tribal website.
3. Consent to Release Liability and Reference Information Form; available on the Tribal website.
4. Resume, required; cover letter, optional.
5. Post-secondary transcripts or certifications; if applicable.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Human Resources Department
88455 Pike Road
Bayfield, WI 54814