East Central Wisconsin RPC
East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (ECWRPC) is looking for an energetic and dynamic professional to work with the GIS and Transportation Teams to develop digital thematic data sets, conduct spatial analysis, and create digital maps and visualization materials. The GIS Analyst will provide technical assistance and support to planning staff, process land use data, and analyze various datasets. Related experience (planning, communications, data analysis, and/or graphic design) is considered a plus as this position will occasionally work on other planning projects or programs under the supervision and direction of various Commission staff.
The Commission serves eight Counties within northeast Wisconsin with core program areas of Economic Development, Transportation, Water Quality Management/Sewer Service Area Planning, and Regional Comprehensive Planning. The Commission provides information and planning services necessary to solve problems which transcend the municipal boundaries and fiscal capabilities of individual governmental jurisdictions. The Commission regularly prepares and adopts comprehensive plans for the development of the region. Such plans include land use, transportation, economic development, and environmental management plans.
▪ Provide technical assistance for regional plans, projects, and initiatives including data gathering and utilizing mapping software (e.g. ESRI/GPS) to conduct spatial analysis and create visualization tools for the planning team and partner organizations.
▪ Assist with field work including asset management, setting up Miovision cameras, bicycle and walk audits, bicycle and pedestrian counters, etc.
▪ Interpret aerial orthophotography for land use classification.
▪ Develop web-based mapping solutions for a variety of applications.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in in Geography, Cartography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Urban and Regional Planning, or related field required.
▪ Experience with ESRI Desktop required.
▪ Experience with programming including Model Builder and Python preferred.
▪ Knowledge of ArcGIS Online and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
▪ Advanced level of proficiency and previous experience in a variety of computer software applications, especially web browsers, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
▪ Ability to communicate effectively with planning staff and a variety of external stakeholders.
▪ Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders to facilitate partnerships.
▪ Ability to pay close attention to detail and work with a high degree of accuracy.
▪ Proficient in writing and verbal communication.
▪ Self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented, and energetic.
▪ Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
▪ Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with excellent attention to detail.
Interested applicants should submit an employment application, cover letter, a resume, and two GIS projects or map samples to:
Subject Line: GIS Analyst I Position