This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Variety is the spice of life, as the proverbial saying goes, and you’ll find boundless variety working as a survey technician at Ayres. Our projects are varied, our work is rewarding, and our team is supportive, collaborative, and fun! Beyond the ability to work on diverse projects, our land surveyors also enjoy a high degree of professional freedom – both in and outside of the office – and are routinely applying cutting-edge, and, sometimes, emerging technologies to their important work.
Our growing land survey group is seeking a survey technician in our Green Bay, WI office. This is an ideal position for a qualified candidate with five years of experience with the ability to work independently and as part of a survey crew. Interested? Here’s a sneak peek of what else you’d be part of…
Our services are provided by a cohesive team of crew chiefs, technicians, professional land surveyors, and project managers, bringing consistent and reliable deliverables through an array of resources available to our internal and external clients.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Perform a variety of field/office surveying and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment and multiple CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians and project managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyors in preparation of land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town and over-night travel is anticipated.
- A two-year degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- Five years of relevant work experience.
- Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Five or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Interest in obtaining UAS Part 107 certification.
- Interest in operating HD Terrestrial Scanning Equipment and processing point cloud data.
- Motivated individuals interested in career growth.
Benefits of being part of the Ayres team:
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and 401K with company match
- PTO upon hire, paid holidays including two floating holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities
Please note, benefits vary depending on job status. To learn more about our great benefits, visit our website at https://www.ayresassociates.com/careers/the-ayres-advantage/
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities