This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Let’s start with the basics. What does crew chief work look like at Ayres? Well, it depends on the day and the task at hand. Our day-to-day is different than most, and that’s what we love about it. From the projects we work on to the terrain we navigate to the problems we resolve for our clients, very few workdays are alike within the Ayres land survey group.
Our hard-working employee-owners are the epitome of teamwork, support, and collaboration. And as we prepare for future growth, we invite you to join us on the journey. Our growing team is seeking a crew chief in our Green Bay, WI office. This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has the technical expertise to serve in a crew chief role and is motivated for career growth. Read on for a sneak peek of what else you’d be a part of in this role.
Our services are supported by a cohesive team of crew chiefs, technicians, professional land surveyors, and project managers, bringing consistency and flexible resources to our internal and external clients.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment and multiple CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyors in preparation of land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
- A two-year degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Interest in pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- Previous project management skills or interest in developing these skills.
Benefits of being part of the Ayres team:
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and 401K with company match
- PTO upon hire, paid holidays including two floating holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities
Please note, benefits vary depending on job status. To learn more about our great benefits, visit our website at https://www.ayresassociates.com/careers/the-ayres-advantage/
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities