This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Ayres has been an important fixture in the survey and geospatial industry for over 70 years, and our recent investments in technology have opened many new growth opportunities. Our national team of professionals supports a wide variety of survey and mapping services to clients in private and public sectors. At Ayres you will enjoy working with a great group of people on a diverse array of survey projects allowing you to forge long-term relationships with clients so you can work towards creating solutions that solve their problems at a whole new level. You’ll be rewarded with flexible scheduling and opportunities for professional and personal growth within a supportive team.
We are seeking a survey project manager who is passionate about the survey profession, has a strong technical ability, and has the leadership capabilities to obtain new and repeat work. As a team member of land survey, you will be encouraged to lead and work on a variety of survey functions that allow you to build a team, and your career.
Success will be defined by your ability to handle multiple priorities, represent Ayres professionally through strong communication and relationship-building skills, as well as provide mentorship for the development of staff. Remaining flexible will be key as the job responsibilities will fluctuate with overtime and occasional out-of-town travel expected.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Develop scopes, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Have direct input on the development of the Wisconsin survey team.
- Network and develop relationships with internal and external clients, and others in your industry.
- Support survey technicians through all aspects of the project.
- Perform QA/QC on survey projects.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in Wisconsin.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 -10 years of diverse field/office experience in survey, performing topographic surveys, construction staking, boundary surveys, right-of-way plats, and control surveys.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Proven ability to monitor project budgets to a successful outcome, oversee project teams, and meet client expectations, schedule, scope, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Familiar with WisDOT practices and requirements.
- Ability to take direction from numerous individuals, and channel strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize and embrace new geospatial technologies.
- Desire and ability to become a licensed PLS in multiple states outside of Wisconsin.
- Ability to conduct effective client presentations.
Benefits of being part of the Ayres team:
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and 401K with company match
- PTO upon hire, paid holidays including two floating holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities
Please note, benefits vary depending on job status. To learn more about our great benefits, visit our website at https://www.ayresassociates.com/careers/the-ayres-advantage/
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities