Gryphon Environmental/Erica Lane Enterprises
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The GIS/CAD Specialist position with Gryphon Environmental/Erica Lane Enterprises is a DoD Contracted position in support of the 88th Readiness Division of the United States Army Reserve. The supported organization manages 270+ sites comprised of 800+ buildings across 19 states. Managing these assets and allocating resources across this area of operation requires both internal and external system of record database tools to be leveraged and maintained such that they can support analysis and decision making about personnel and facilities across the entire region. The GIS/CAD Specialist will be responsible for maintaining all the data relevant to the interior space types and site or building capabilities, correcting errors, and producing analysis related to these data.
• Use localized data management platforms like MS Excel and MS Access, as well as external data management platforms like SharePoint and proprietary Army-based data platform solutions to maintain data.
• Reconciling legacy data, CAD drawings, databases of record, and correcting data in coordination with interdepartmental teammates.
• Troubleshooting and identifying solutions and sources of errors in data.
• Establishing best practices for continued data maintenance efficiency.
• Produce and submit CAD floor-plan drawings of limited, non-architectural scope to approval authorities for entry into interior space management systems of record, as well as to interdepartmental teammates.
• Performing field collection of interior space data using laser distometers and CAD drawings and incorporating necessary updates into systems and drawings of record.
• Convert CAD Data for use in GIS Software.
• Perform analysis using the functional space data.
• Engage with leadership figures to assess functional space data related action items, provide reporting, and shape decision making and resource allocation.
• Assist GIS Program Manager in identifying key areas where functional space data management could be improved or streamlined.
• Assist GIS team in real property collection as part of annual data collection.
• Normal Travel Requirement is approx. 6-7 trips per year lasting 3-5 days during Mon-Fri. Travel is governed by construction project milestones, and the mission obligation of the supported organization to audit interior and functional space requirements. Travel is approx. 10-15% of the
work requirement, and is fully reimbursed.
• Bachelors’ Degree in GIS, CAD, Construction Management or related field and/or AutoCAD/GIS Certification Completion
• Experience with ESRI’s GIS software and/or GIS systems
• Broad knowledge of Autodesk and/or MicroStation
• Broad knowledge of interpreting and analyzing CAD data
• Broad knowledge interpreting as-builts, floorplans, or blueprints
• Broad knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, and basic principles of database administration
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience managing service provider/client relationships
• Experience producing floor plans in Autodesk and/or MicroStation
• Experience using Interior CAD software
• Experience using SharePoint
• Experience related to real property and/or construction of buildings
• Experience using CAD drawings in conjunction with GIS tools