This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Responsible for providing spatial data analyses to support Xcel Energy business objectives. Primary responsibilities focus on the use of geospatial analysis to enhance the planning, siting, operation and maintenance of Xcel Energy facilities. Uses advanced technologies including spatial analysis, geocoding, scripting and the social and physical sciences to create information, characterize events and discover relationships and trends that may impact project outcomes
- Projects: Conducts geospatial analyses to support site selection, permitting and development of energy facilities. Works as integral member of internal multidisciplinary teams to create opportunities and constraint analysis, maps and other graphic representations that clearly illustrate analytical findings for use in project meetings, public open houses, communications materials and applications. Works with GIS consultants and jurisdictional authorities on project scope, data acquisition and project coordination. Develops and manages landowner databases and mapping to support public outreach. May create photo-simulations and/or video animations to further convey project development and impact. Oversees geospatial consultants and GIS interns on projects.
- Spatial Analysis Coordinates spatial information analysis and data sharing with other departments and business units including generation, gas and distribution. Manages company land rights , land use, wind turbine locations, and environmental electronic data.
- Data Quality: Supports the development and maintenance of accurate Landworks geospatial data, company land data, wind facility locations, other geodatabases, analytical methodologies, and cartographic standards. Provide training and instruction to employees on the use and capabilities of existing Xcel Energy GIS portals, internal web mapping sites and map archives. Assesses data quality and integrity of relevant internal and external GIS information. Ensures the confidentiality and quality of data shared with outside entities.
- Data Collaboration: Acquires and integrates data related to the siting process from various local, state and federal governmental agencies, peer utilities and vendors. Builds relationships with city and county planning departments, state land use boards, federal agency land use staff to promote data exchange opportunities where available.
- Technology: Assists in the development of technological changes in response to growth, technology and business needs. Participates in the evaluation of tools and creation of customized methodologies and applications. Coordinate with internal customers to identify and develop geospatial solutions Assist with IT and data integrity issues for hardware/software.
- Degree in GIS, cartography, geography, or similar field.
- 2 years experience using GIS technologies focusing on ESRI Suite of products.
- Can include papers and projects developed during secondary or graduate school.
- Thorough understanding of spatial data and spatial referencing.
- Advanced knowledge of GIS technologies and ability to work with aerial photography.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI Suite of products.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of Office Products, database entry and cartography skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in various terrains required.
- Excellent oral & written communication & customer support skills, as well as ability to work independently with minimal oversight.