University of Wisconsin-Madison
This position is responsible for updating and creating underground utility maps on a large campus environment. The maps will be created with CAD and GIS technologies. Research and data collection will include field work and desktop activities. The position will also perform utility locates in support of excavation activities. The position will research new advances and technologies related to utility mapping and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the Operations and Maintenance Department.
Assists in the development and maintenance of the Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) system, projects, and documentation related to campus facilities.
- 40% Maintains all campus master CADD documents and records used across campus related to current and previous physical facilities
- 5% Assists in managing complex construction projects by assisting in the preparation of capital budgeting documentation, project drawings, and specifications for selected delegated state and facilities management projects
- 15% Develops and maintains CADD standard office models
- 5% Maintains CADD and engineering software contracts and licensing
- 15% Performs other duties as assigned in support of current projects
- 15% Field verifies utility locations and updates utility maps
- 5% Assists Physical Plant department in GIS utility mapping applications
Two years of experience or equivalent education in GIS, ArcGIS, or CADD related to utility infrastructure