This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Do you want a career where you can make a real difference? One with an organization where intellectual curiosity, focus, and hard work are rewarded with opportunity? An organization known for doing things differently and for providing practical, effective, long-term solutions?
At EHS Support, we take pride in doing important work that has a lasting impact. Here we define success by what our people achieve, through the effective application of science, communication, and a lot of hard work. As a 100-percent virtual company, EHS Support provides environmental consulting industry-leading solutions through a network of home offices. Our clients have sites across the US and abroad, and our staff has the unique opportunity to gain experience through varied geographies, regulatory programs, and environmental settings.
We are looking for talented, data-minded individuals to become part of our growing and dynamic team of professionals working on major environmental investigation and cleanup projects. Our dedicated team of professionals are developing exciting, data-based solutions to ecological problems for our clients. If you are interested in applying your technical skills to teams dedicated to innovative solutions to environmental problems, EHS Support might be just the place for you!
This opportunity is for a flexible and self-motivated individual. You will play a key role in supporting our EQuIS-based Environmental Database Management System, including historical data migration; data receipt, review and import; data QA/QC; process automation; advanced data visualization, analysis and reporting.
Specific position responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the management of EHS Support’s centralized environmental data warehouse.
- Assist with development of project-specific data management, analysis, and reporting needs.
- Ensure standards of data quality and accuracy are met for each project.
- Prepare high-quality technical deliverables, figures, models, reports, and other deliverables, as required.
- Expand technical expertise by working on multiple projects with experts in different technical areas of the practice.
- Enhance the technical capabilities of the team by expanding the knowledge base, improving internal processes, and developing innovative technical approaches.
- Assist in GIS and spatial data analysis, as needed, via custom SQL script generation for figure, table, and/or web map creation.
Skills required for success in this role:
- At least 4 years’ experience working with and managing data using a centralized data management system
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in environmental/science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and principles (data integration, data quality and data architecture)
- Advanced SQL query development and maintenance utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to extract data from large data sources with differing structures
- Ability to adopt systematic approaches toward identifying and solving problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Skills that would be an additional asset in this role:
- Experience managing environmental chemistry and field datasets
- Database integration experience
- Use of EarthSoft’s EQuIS Data Management System
- Statistical literacy
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and integration of environmental data